Saturday, November 8, 2008

Anniversary

Do you know what today is? It's our anniversary. November 9, 2008 will mark 12 years of marriage for my husband and me. I am very blessed to have this man in my life and although we don't and will never have the perfect marriage, I believe he is the man God sent to me and for whom I am supposed to be a helpmate. The Bible says "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." Proverbs 31:10.

What about having an honorable, righteous, honest, and upright man? Those are wonderful qualities to possess for man or woman. So on this anniversary eve, I want to appreciate my husband for honor, honesty, uprightness, and righteousness. I want to appreciate him for loving me even when I am unlovable. I want to appreciate him for giving of himself time and time again. I want to appreciate him for his caring spirit and gentle heart. I want to appreciate him for choosing me to be his wife. I just want to tell him 'thank you'.

This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love.

Appreciation for our spouses doesn't have to happen once a year on our anniversaries. Appreciation should occur everyday. Never take your spouses for granted. Love them like this is your last day on earth with them. Tomorrow is not promised to any man; so love your spouse and appreciate them today. And for the record, love is not just saying the words, it is an action! So take action. LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love. That's what our invitations and wedding day programs said, it was a memorable day. Zee and I did what we said we would do 2 friend became one in God's eyes. She has been ultimately the best friend any man could have prayed for or imagined. Zee has help me grow in my relationship with Christ and because of her and a lot of prayer I know what God has for me and my family. We have had ups and downs but because of Gods place in our relationship ( God is First) we have survived some stormy weather. I thank my beautiful wife for her patience , virtue, focus, commitment, and most of all her LOVE. I LOVE YOU Honey Bear!!!

    ReplyDelete