Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A quarter of a century...

Twenty-five years ago, I was 20 years old and a few months from my 21st birthday. I was about to be legally able to drink and get into clubs. I was also pregnant and in labor giving birth to my first and only child. My life as I knew it was about to change forever. However, I had no idea what that change would mean.

CJ was born on Sunday, July 28, 1991 at 10:30am. From day one, I knew he would be different and that he was destined for greatness. He was the greatest baby ever. He rarely cried and loved classical music (which I played for him often to help him sleep). He was such a jovial baby, always laughing and smiling. When CJ was 4 years old, the greatest man ever walked into our lives and we became a family. During the next twenty years of CJ's life, I was able to witness him grow into the awesome man he is today.

I've been blessed to see him become Valedictorian of his 5th grade class. Seen his growth spurt during middle school. Watched him beat the drums in high school and develop his own sense of style. Witnessed several phases of different hairstyles (which he is still experimenting with- lol). Experienced college graduation with him and the next chapter of his life.


At 25, CJ loves The Lord and tries to set a good example for others. I am truly blessed to have him in my life. Happy Birthday, Son! I thank God for another year to witness your greatness and the things He has in store for you.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, so very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy birthday CJ

    ReplyDelete