Thursday, May 19, 2016

I bet you didn't know...

While in a dating relationship, there are many things that we learn about one another. Usually, you spend a lot of time talking and getting to know your partner. Hopefully, you are also taking the time to examine if the relationship is right for you, especially if you are thinking about marriage. 

When El and I dated, we spent a lot of time talking. One of the things I really liked about El was the fact that I could be myself with him. Not my made up self, but my real self. The real self that didn't need lipstick on before he could see me. The real self that didn't have to be a size 8. The real self that could burp and fart around him without shame (I'm just being real here). This is not to say that I disrespected El or didn't care about him, but it was just the opposite. I allowed El to see a part of me that no one else had ever seen and I didn't care that he was looking. In fact, I wanted him to see me. I wanted to show him every facet of me. All the good and all the bad of me. And that's when it hit me...El was the one for me! He was the one God had sent just for me! And I didn't care about seeing all of him either. I wanted to know everything about El. All the nitty gritty grimy stuff about him. And I love every piece of him. I want to share some of those pieces of us with you. So I'm giving you 5 things I bet you didn't know about us. It's okay if you already know these things, just pretend you don't, lol! And I'm only giving you 5 because you can't know everything about us, we have to keep some things sacred, gosh!

5 things I bet you didn't know about El 
I bet you didn't know that when El laughs, sometimes he snorts...and I love it!
I bet you didn't know that El makes up a song about everything and sings all time...and even though sometimes it gets on my nerves, I still love it!
I bet you didn't know that sometimes I catch El staring at me from across the room...and I love it!
I bet you didn't know that El loves spending time with CJ (our son), talking about whatever...and I love it!
I bet you didn't know that El supports me unconditionally...and I love it!

5 things I bet you didn't know about me
I bet you didn't know that I struggle to lose weight (because I love food) but also because I think I look good in my clothes...and El loves it!
I bet you didn't know that I want to spend all my free time with El...and I think he loves it! (lol)
I bet you didn't know that I can't go to sleep without the TV on...and it drives El crazy!
I bet you didn't know that I love cute hairstyles but don't particularly like doing my hair and will throw on a wig with the quickness...and I hope El loves it!
I bet you didn't know that I am super crazy about our son but we play fight often...and it drives El crazy! 

I bet you didn't know that El and I love each other like crazy and love spending time together. We love you too and we want the best for your marriages and relationships. We pray for you often. 

What are 5 things you didn't know about your spouse or significant other? Take the time to find out something new about him/her. Feel free to share what you discover.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment