Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tuesday Tip #7: Who's your BAE?


The Urban Dictionary defines bae as "before anyone else" or as the word baby, shortened. I call El "bae" all the time. I started calling him "bae" early this year instead of saying baby. I think I picked it up from hearing Jay Z and Beyonce use the term. It wasn't until a few months ago that I decided to look it up and see if there was some weird meaning and to make sure I wasn't insulting El. I was delighted to find the meaning as "before anyone else". 

I make a concerted effort to put El first. I don't just say I put him first. I actually do it. I make sure that my friends and family members know that I like spending time with El and any time he's off work and at home, I will be unavailable. I try to make sure that my schedule accommodates time for El. Most problems in marriage begin because we aren't spending enough time with our spouse or our spouse doesn't feel as if they are a priority. It's easy to say that you put your spouse first; however, to actually exemplify they are first, is difficult.

I'm glad to call El "bae". He is before anyone else (except Christ). And I don't just say he is "bae"; I make sure he knows it. I plan to spend time with him so he knows how important he is to me. There are days/hours that are carved out just for him. Your spouse should feel as if they are a priority in your life.

So who's your BAE?

FYI - Join us this Sunday, October 25, 2015 for marriage enrichment at New Salem Missionary Baptist Church, 2237 S. Parkway East, 38114 at 5:30pm (room 143).


No comments:

Post a Comment