Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Tuesday Tip #11: Endless Love

From the outside, El and I appear to have it all put together. However, even though we've come a long way, we still have a long way to go. We have learned so much about being married through marriage conferences, books, podcasts, and teaching. Our marriage class lesson this past Sunday was based on Bill Elliff's 8 Lies that Destroy Marriage. One of the lies states, "If I don't love my spouse any longer, I should get a divorce." 

This lie resonated with me because I thought about the time period when I felt as if I no longer loved El because of infidelity and I wanted a divorce. But God! If I had not stayed, we would not have gotten to reap the wonderful benefits that we now enjoy. Sometimes it may seem that because you no longer love your spouse that divorce is inevitable. But love can be restored and renewed (read "Can my marriage be healed after infidelity"). We're living proof, our love has been restored and renewed! We have been through the fire and come out on the other side as pure gold. 

Our love is endless. El is my best friend and even though we don't always see eye to eye, one thing is for sure, I will always love him and he will always love me. And this isn't the kind of love that just says we love. This is the kind of love that shows we love! Is it perfect? Never. But it's real! 


Is your love endless? 

This week's tip is to look for those good qualities in your spouse and tell them how much they mean to you. Make your love endless. 




Check in with us and let us know how you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment