Saturday, January 23, 2016

"Still" Away

Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray. Mark 1:35. 

Anybody who knows me, knows that I am not a morning person. However, I feel as though that may not be the whole truth. I am not a morning person when I have to get up for work but I seem to be a morning person when I get up do something I want to do. Basically, it's all about what we want to do. There have been times that I stayed up all night and woke early the next day because I was excited about the what that day was going to bring. 

Jesus made a habit of rising early to spend time with His Heavenly Father. He was excited about what the day was going to bring. In the verse above, Jesus got up before daybreak and went to an isolated place. A place away from His disciples and all the distractions. I'm sure He didn't take His cell phone or laptop. He stole away to be alone with God. 

"Still" Away...
1. Be Still (Ps. 46:10) - God does not change. He is always with you even when you can't trace Him. 
2. Still Pray (Luke 18:1) - Even when you don't know what to pray for, just go to God and be still. 
3. Still Love (1 Corinthians 16:14) - Even if you have been hurt in the past, still love. Let your love penetrate hurt. 
4. Still Worship (John 4:24) - Depend on God for your strength. Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. 
5. Still Praise (Ps. 145) - Praise God always! No matter your situation, imitate David, and praise The Lord.
6. Still be thankful (1 Thessalonians 5:18) - In all things, give thanks! If Paul can do it, so can we. 

What's keeping you from "stilling" away to be with Jesus? 

No comments:

Post a Comment